Sunday, October 4, 2015

Because it's tradition

I called my grandpa "PawPaw".

He was a doctor. A World War 2 vet. An open heart surgery survivor. And one of the greatest men I've ever known.

In my family, we're constantly quoting PawPaw.

"Now is when it starts to count."

"The common things are common, and the rare things are rare."

"Everybody works at our house."

"Julie, babe, I don't think you'll get a job with a degree from Texas A&M. Is that even a real school?" (He was an avid Longhorn supporter!)


One of the things I remember most is how my grandma and he would call me before school on my birthday every year and sing to me. When I turned 5. And when I turned 25. I knew I could count on the call.

My parents are carrying on the tradition.... :)

Love this! And love my sweet family!


No comments:

Post a Comment